Grad Picture Checklist
Use this checklist to prep for a grad photo shoot that captures your one-of-a-kind style.
Find out what to expect for your Grad Portrait Session
Find Your Style Inspiration
Spend some time gathering style ideas from your favorite magazines, websites, and Pinterest boards … as well as our Style & Accessories page.
- Consider which looks you like best. Classic? Rocker? Hipster? See our trends inspiration for guys and girls.
- What colors are you drawn to? Which look great with your eyes, hair, and skin?
- What kinds of outfits just feel like “you”?
Schedule your appointments.
Haircuts, makeup, manicures … whatever touch-ups you’re planning, make sure to get on your stylist’s calendar early.
Create at least 3 basic looks.
You’ve picked your photo session. You know what type of style you’re after. Now it’s time to bring all the elements together.
The more outfits you bring to your photo shoot, the more options and styling flexibility you’ll have within your session. You’ll want a minimum of 3 head-to-toe looks:
- Parent Pleaser - This is the one you know they’ll love showing off for years to come. Think a crisp shirt and great jeans, with nice shoes and classic accessories for a timeless look.
- Grad's Choice - What’s the most “you” thing you do? Bring along your musical instrument, a paint palette or another object that shows off your most important personal interest.
- Activities - From sports to chess club, your activities make up a big part of your high school experience. Bring a team jersey, danceline costume or favorite debate duds to commemorate your achievements.
Take Care of Final Details and To-Dos
- Make sure clothes are clean and wrinkle-free. (Drop off items for drycleaning 1-2 weeks ahead of time.)
- Gather all your shoes, accessories, jewelry, props, styling tools, etc. in one place.
- Double-check your scheduled session time on your postcard.
Get Your Beauty Sleep
The best way to take great photos is to make sure you’re well rested. Do yourself a favor and get as much sleep as you can the night before your session.
Time to Shine!
Arrive at your session at least 15 minutes early, ready for the spotlight!